Innovative bespoke automation solutions
Marand’s turn-key automation service offering has a long history of designing, manufacturing and implementing comprehensive turn-key solutions across a broad range of industries including aerospace, rail and automotive.
Marand offer services from the consulting and feasibility phase for business case approvals all the way through to testing and delivery stage of projects.
Marand has designed and implemented Australia’s largest automation solutions as a trusted partner to Boeing, Ford, Holden, Toyota and more recently Rio Tinto and BHP Billiton. Marand design and manufacture all equipment from our headquarters in Victoria, Australia. In addition to design and build capability, Marand’s mature and audited global supply chain has been grown throughout the last 40 years to provide product solutions that are fit for purpose and stand the test of time.
Marand have extensive experience in the automation of welding, handling and assembly operations on small and large scale projects. Proven experience and in-house capability in robotics, conveyors, manipulators, automated guided vehicles (AGV) ensure the right solution is used for the right application. Coupled with Marand’s expertise in jig and fixture design and experience in exotic materials provide a low risk choice for customers.
Successful automation solutions and products are the outcome of understanding the needs of our customers, decades of experience in design, development and in-depth understanding of the manufacturing business.
Automation solutions that improve quality, competitive advantage and OH&S in the fields of:
- Drilling and cutting
- Assembly and disassembly
- Transfer and materials handling
- Composite production
Recent projects of magnitude have included a standalone project where Marand have been engaged to provide in excess of 41,000 engineering hours on the project's first phase of feasibility and concept engineering delivery for the customer business case approval gateway. No other Australian automation company is equipped to perform a task of this magnitude in-house.
Marand has Australia’s largest internal automation capabilities including:
Consulting, feasibility, engineering and design:
- Project management
- Specification definition and writing
- Process and product engineering including simulation
- Layout specification and design (Robotics, transfer systems, conveyors, automated guided vehicles - AGV)
- Electrical engineering, design and programming
- Mechanical engineering, design and detailing
Manufacture, assemble, test and trial:
- Fabrication (Up to 70 Tonnes , < 5,000sqm)
- Machining (3,4 7 5 Axis up to 12m length)
- Mechanical Assembly (< 10,000m2 Assembly space)
- Nata metrology QA laboratory (1,000sqm, Laser trackers, Large CMM)
- Hydraulic and Pneumatic assembly (< 10,000sqm Assembly space)
- Electrical control assembly and wiring (< 1,000sqm Electrical build)
- Factory acceptance testing (< 10,000sqm)
Installation, commission and test:
- Complete installation service
- Portable dedicated site workshops
- Laser trackers
Through life support and servicing:
- Dedicated and professional service team
- Scheduled servicing
- Long term service agreements
- Dedicated service vehicles
Thorough understanding of manufacturing processes and in-house multi disciplined engineering and manufacturing teams enable us to deliver complete systems from concept to through life support.